I was always interested in what was mystical and not easily known, like the stars above, since I was a child. On hot Texas summer nights I used to stay awake for hours and watch in awe as the lights of the heavens would spin out their magical dance against pitch-
- B.A. Philosophy from University of Texas at Austin
- 4 year Āyurvedic education (1997-
2001) with Dr. Vasant Lad at The Ayurvedic Institute
- 16 years (1998-
2013) training in Vedic traditions–classes, seminars and private one- on- one instruction with the world renowned Jyotish master Hart de Fouw. Literally 1000’s of hours spent, year after year, in ongoing instruction and apprenticeship.
- B.A. (equivalent) in Vedic Astrology from American College of Vedic Astrology where I completed both their Level I and Level II certifications–which is the highest level available in the west for Vedic astrology. I am a certified instructor and private tutor for the American College of Vedic Astrology.
- Instructor at Vedic Vidya Institute in San Rafael, CA (2003-
2009) where I taught Jyotish, Hasta Sāmudrika (palmistry), Āyurveda and Sanskrit.
- Board member Vedic Vidya Institute (2003-
- Instructor/Faculty Member at Mt. Madonna College Of Ayurveda (2014-present)
My Teachers and Mentors
I would like to give profound thanks to my teachers in the Vedic Saṃpradāya.
First, is the exceptionally brilliant Hart deFouw– world renowned Vedic astrologer, scholar/philosopher and visionary, who has worked tirelessly for so many years for his students and community. Hart is the most gifted teacher and speaker that I ever experienced in any field of study! I have been very fortunate to have studied with Hart from 1998 to present.
Guruji K. L. Mantri is the most gifted and mystical man I have ever known. A guru of all Vedic Traditions, a healer of countless people, the best Jyotishi of modern times and a true visionary into realms unknown. A man who could’ve been famous a 1000x over, but chose a life of service and humility. It is Mantriji’s lineage that I have been so fortunate to align myself with in this life.
I was fortunate enough to have studied Vedānta and Vedic philosophies since 2003 with the late, revered Swami Dayānanda, at his Arsha Vidya Gurukulum. Swami Dayānanda was an authentic master, sharpest of mind and biggest of heart, he delivered life changing talks with humor and clarity. www.arshavidya.org
I was lucky enough to study Āyurveda, and it’s allied topics, for four years with the outstanding physician and teacher, Dr. Vasant Lad. A true physician in its best sense, Dr. Lad is unquestionably the most experienced, authentic and compassionate teacher of Āyurveda in the west. www.ayurveda.com